Buying real estate in Eagle River, WI is going to require a full service agent who is working for you, getting you new listings and price reductions as soon as they hit the market. It is no longer the time for doom and gloom it is the time for watch, be patient and be ready!! In Northern Wisconsin,where I sell real estate, most sellers are starting to realize that if they want to sell they are going to have to be somewhat flexible with their pricing. Buyers are also starting to see that when something is priced at market value they better spring and do so quickly or the property will simply be gone. Eagle River, WI IS selling real estate it is just not business as usual...
According to MLS numbers in my marketplace in Eagle River, WI ( the counties of Vilas and Oneida) we have sold 13 waterfront properties since the first of the year. Those properties that sold were to in the 100-400,000 dollar range. From my experience with this set of buyers I know that they are ready to buy, have financing in order and know exactly what they are looking for. The key for these buyers is service and aaccessibility. They want to know what is hitting the market when it is hitting the market and they don't want to have to wait for information b/c they might lose a buying opportunity.
While it is true that both volume and sale price are down it is not what you would expect. Our average sale price is down about 8% but we are seeing list to sale ratios up to about 91%. The reason for this increase is that Seller's are starting to move their homes into market value range and when they do the buyers come quickly and with high offers. This alone is the reason to be prepared and be working with a professional in the area you want to buy in. In Eagle River, Wisconsin's real estate market it can mean the difference between getting that dream vacation home and not!
There are several things your REALTOR should be going over with you prior to even setting up a property search:
- How ready are you? Do you have financing in order? If the property you decide is a foreclosure whether or not you have a pre-approval letter could make the difference between you getting the property or someone else.
- Are you ready to write a good offer when your property comes available? Trying to low ball an already discounted property will surely waste precious time when you could be locking that property in for what you already know is a good and fair value.
- Know exactly what you want so you don't have to waste time shopping around when your ideal properyt does come up. This will eliminate you second guessing yourself. A good REALTOR will have no problem getting your feet wet in their marketplace.
- Let your agent know how and when to reach you if something does become available and you are perhaps at an alternate workplace or home office. If they can't reach you they can't let you know what's happening.
- Lastly, work with a REALTOR you trust and , I recommend, just one! Find someone who you believe is getting you accurate information in a timely manner and someone who talks to you about Buyers Agency and the agency relationship. This is so important because when someone tells you to make a good offer or that another offer has come in on a property you are considering ... you really want to believe them and this can be crucial in your decision making process. So, interview, ask questions of them like you would with any other professional and ask for testimonials. A good agent should be able to provide everything you need to start building that trusting relationship.
So, when you are thinking about buying real estate in Eagle River, WI. look for a full service agent it will make the difference, especially in today's Buyer's market.
For information on all Eagle River, and Northern Wisconsin listings and foreclosures go to this local resource.
Copyright©by Julie Paez, All Rights Reserved, When buying real estate in Eagle River, WI look for a full service agent, it will make the difference.
Thank you so much for your time and your business. and for LISTENING!
Happy House Hunting!!!
Julie Winter-Paez Broker/Owner, CRS, GRI
ReMax Property Pro's, LLC
602 Michigan St. PO Box 1058
Eagle River WI 54521